Are You Compliant with the Newest Training Requirements For Food Safety?
Food safety is the big issue for 2019 and the new training requirements in the Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C. 58A-50191 and 64E11-012) reflect that.
- Any ALF, regardless of number of people served, MUST provide 2 hours of training yearly for the designated person responsible for food service.
- All ALFs must have menus with portions reviewed annually by a Licensed Dietitian.
This course has been pre-approved for Dietitians for 2 CEUs and CDMs can self-report and obtain 2 CEUs.
This course is presented in two parts:
Part One: Safe Food Handling Practices – One Hour
Safe Food Handling Practices teaches the many ways in which foodborne illnesses can be spread throughout a community and what you can do to prevent such outbreaks.
Part Two: Food and Nutrition Requirements – One Hour
Food and Nutrition Requirements teaches the requirements and documentation for employees to successfully keep people as safe as possible.
- Explain when to report an illness to the food service manager
- Describe the policy for cleaning vomit and diarrheal incidents
- List why elderly people are vulnerable to foodborne illness
- Demonstrate proper hand washing techniques
- List techniques to prevent food borne illness
- Demonstrate the use of a thermometer
- List requirements for training food service staff
- List the documents necessary to retain on file for each employee
- Explain the signs of communicable diseases
- Describe when to send employees home (or when to tell them not come in to work), and when to make a report to the Department of Health
- List the requirements for writing menus and keeping records of menus
- List the requirements for emergency food supplies
In order to receive your certificate of completion, you need to pass the accompanying quiz.
ORDER NOW and receive our Food from Outside Sources Policy and Guidelines form. This document presents a policy statement and the guidelines you can put in place to make bringing in and storing foods as safe as possible – FOR FREE.