Packed with useful information and fun to read.
The Inside Scoop on Informed Choice: Earn Six CEUs
The Inside Scoop on Informed Choice: A Step-by-Step Guide to Liberalizing Diets focuses on how to discuss and document a resident’s decisions when it comes to what, when, and where they want to eat. Using our proprietary documentation tool for self-directed dining care plans, care providers can ensure that the care plans they write will satisfy the regulations for informed choice while protecting themselves from possible litigation and citations.
Earn 6 CEUs (dietitians, CDMs, nurses, speech therapists) as you complete the following learning objectives:
- Create self-directed care plans, step-by-step, using the forms in this guidebook.
- Define and apply the New Dining Standards in current food service operations.
- Describe the 5 elements of a QAPI framework as they relate to dining practices.
- List the clinical benefits and alternatives to commercial supplements.
The Inside Scoop on Informed Choice gives continuing care communities the latest evidence-based information and carefully considered forms to document and create individualized care plans that improve the lives of the people in their care — as well as safeguard the community from legal action and citations stemming from a resident’s right to refuse treatment.
Safe Before You Serve – One Hour Food Safety Training
Food safety is the big issue for 2019 and the new training requirements in the Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C. 58A-50191 and 64E11-012) reflect that.
Safe Before You Serve teaches the many ways in which foodborne illnesses can be spread throughout a community and what you can do to prevent such outbreaks.
- Training objectives:
- Explain when to report an illness to the food service manager
- Describe the policy for cleaning vomit and diarrheal incidents
- List why elderly people are vulnerable to foodborne illness
- Demonstrate proper hand washing techniques
- List techniques to prevent food borne illness
- Demonstrate the use of a thermometer
The Inside Scoop on Emergency Readiness eBook: Earn One CEU
Benjamin Franklin once said, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Truer words have never been spoken when it comes to dealing with an emergency at your long-term care community.
Having a plan in place to keep food services running in the event of an emergency is not only sound advice, it is essential to keeping your community well-fed and hydrated.
This eBook provides 1 CEU and will make your life easier in the event of an emergency. It’s chocked full of tools you can use right away to ensure your readiness and the safety of your residents. It includes an Emergency Food Supply spreadsheet that you can easily use to plan and track food, water and service supplies.
The Inside Scoop on Safe Holiday Cooking eBook – Earn One FREE CEU
During holidays and special events, you may need a refresher course on safe holiday cooking. The Inside Scoop on Safe Holiday Cooking, is geared toward the four cores of safe food handling, tailored specifically for holiday cooking, and meets required training by Florida Statute 58A-5.0191(6).
After completion of this CPE program, you will be able to:
- Understand why food safety is especially important in health care communities during the holiday season
- State four (4) core objectives of food safety
- List the proper time and temperatures for cooking, holding and storing turkey
Chocked full of useful tips such as proper hand washing and temperature guides for cooking turkey, this course uses our character-driven storytelling method to make it fun and easy to complete. In addition, you’ll learn:
- The reasons why food safety is especially important during the holidays
- Which fruits and veggies make up “The Dirty Dozen”
- Can your community use sponges and washcloths? The answer may surprise you.
We know you’re busy during holidays and special events, but isn’t it worth an hour of your time to take this refresher course on food safety and earn 1 CEU? The people you serve will find it time well spent.