Food safety is one of the topics of highest concern for senior living communities. Many citations are being given, affecting ratings and the ability for long-term care providers to compete. As experts in regulatory compliance and food safety, we offer these resources and training courses.
- Safe Food Handling – An overview of tips and tactics for serving food safely.
- Infection Control – An in-service on infection control and cross contamination.
- What you should know about bringing in food from outside sources – A tip sheet for residents and visitors to help them safely manage food brought in from outside sources.
- Handwashing Poster – A useful reminder of proper hand washing procedure.
- How to Safety Handle Food and Snacks during the Holidays – Tips for staff on bringing in food during the winter holidays.
- How to Safely Handle Food and Snacks on Holidays (4th of July) – Tips for staff bringing in food during holidays. 4th of July theme.
- How to Safely Handle Food and Snacks from Outside Sources – A useful poster to remind staff of safe food handling of food from outside sources.
- Potentially Hazardous Foods Chart – A list of foods and the higher and lower risks of serving them.
- Serving Pot Luck Dinners Safely – Tips and tactics on serving food safely at pot luck get-togethers.
- Thermometer Calibration – How to calibrate a thermometer using ice water.
- When food comes from outside sources – policy statement – This policy statement provides a documentation tool so you know who, what and where responsibilities lie for the safe delivery and storage of food brought in from outside sources.
- When food comes from outside sources – quick policy guide – A snapshot of the guidelines and guidance for the use and storage of food brought to residents by family and other visitors.