Benjamin Franklin once said, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Having a plan in place to keep food services running in the event of an emergency is not only sound advice, it is essential to keeping your community well-fed and hydrated. To that end, we want to provide you with a collection of resources to help you prepare in the event of an emergency in your community.
- Assessment for Emergency Preparedness – ALF – Determine how ready your ALF is when it comes to being ready for an emergency.
- Assessment for Emergency Preparedness – Nursing Home – Find out how prepared your skilled nursing facility is in the event of an emergency.
- Emergency Contact Sheet – A spreadsheet to share contact information during an emergency.
- Ensuring Adequate Water and Food Supply – ALF – A tip sheet on hydration and a simple three day menu with supplies for ALFs.
- Ensuring Adequate Water and Food Supply – Nursing Home – A tip sheet on hydration and a simple three day menu with supplies for SNFs
- Simple Three-day Menu with Supplies – A simple tasty menu to make sure you can feed your residents during an emergency.
- Seven-day Emergency Disaster Food Supply – Nursing Home – This spreadsheet helps dining services to plan for food, water and service supplies.
Emergency Preparedness In Depth
The Inside Scoop on Emergency Readiness is a comprehensive eBook chocked full of helpful advice, tools and tips to make sure your community is prepared before an emergency occurs. This concise, information-rich resource uses fictionalized characters in a long-term-care community to lead you through the steps you need to consider when preparing for an emergency.
Included is our proprietary downloadable tool to ensure your inventory is within recommended guidelines.